FEMA IS 107: FEMA Travel Rules and Regulations Answers
1. Which of the following expenses are eligible for travel reimbursement?
A. Medicine purchased for a travel-related illness.
B. Transportation to and from airports
C. Hotel or airport luggage porter tips
D. Purchase of maps or other travel information
2. Select the TRUE statement about use of a privately owned vehicle (POV):
A. Usage of a POV must be pre-approved.
B. In an emergency, the Federal Government can mandate POV usage.
C. A cost comparison is a strictly optional element of determining POV usage.
D. The POV reimbursement amount will typically exceed the cost of common carrier travel.
3. Select the FALSE statement about travel allowances:
A. Travel allowances ensure that all Federal employees are treated with fairness in lodging, meals, and incidental expenses.
B. Travel allowances ensure that the “essential needs” of Federal employees are met while on official travel for the Government.
C. Travel allowances are provided for Federal employees each time that they travel on official business for the Government.
D. Travel allowances are provided for upgraded accommodations for Federal employees that must travel frequently for the Government.
4. Select the FALSE statement about local travel:
A. It prohibits overnight lodging.
B. It may be orally authorized.
C. It entitles employees to a per diem allowance.
D. It allows travel to an alternate location to conduct official business.
5. When traveling on official business, the FEMA Travel Management Center:
A. Issues emergency tickets without an approved travel authorization.
B. Is available for inquiries from 8 am to 8 pm each day.
C. Makes reservations for lodging, rental car, and common carrier.
D. Can act as an alternative to a private travel agency for other travel needs.
6. YES or NO. Do you need to submit a receipt for a lunch costing $14.50?
7. Which of the following expenses is non-reimbursable?
A. Laundry, in contiguous USA
B. Baggage fees
C. Official phone calls (with documentation)
D. Laundry, in foreign locations
8. Lodging rate increases from 151% to 300% above the approved per diem may be authorized only by the ____________.
A. Deputy FEMA Administrator
B. Federal Coordinating Officer
C. Direct Supervisor
D. Chief Financial Officer
9. You should file a travel voucher within __________.
A. 5 days of the end of the trip
B. 2 days of the end of the trip
C. 14 days of the end of the trip
D. 7 days of the end of the trip
10. Which of the following types of travel authorizations permits an individual or group to travel for any official purpose without further authorization?
A. Unlimited Travel Authorization
B. Combined Travel Authorization
C. Blanket Travel Authorization
D. Invitation Travel Authorization
Find more answers here: FEMA Test Answers