Fulfilling our mission requires that we are ready to travel at a moment’s notice. Part of being prepared requires that you gain an understanding of Federal travel rules and regulations. This course presents an overview of FEMA rules and regulations on employee travel, including eligible and non-eligible expenses. It is designed to prepare personnel with information on FEMA Travel Rules and Regulations that are required to be followed when working for FEMA. These regulations help facilitate travel, ensure accountability, and meet the unique needs of the disaster workforce while they serve our Nation.
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the steps to take before, during and after travelling for FEMA
- Understand terms used to describe Federal Travel, including travel allowance, travel authorization, per diem, and M&IE
- Identify the purpose of the travel allowance
- Describe the types of travel authorizations
- Understand reimbursement procedures for travel vouchers, including eligible expenses and required receipts
At this time this course is mandatory for all FEMA Reservists every 2 calendar years and strongly suggested for all FEMA employees. (This replaces DF 502 FEMA Travel Rules and Regulations)