1. Plans should respect the concerns of people who do not wish to be exposed to animals.
2. The best disaster preparedness starts at which level?
3. Which of the following Federal organizations is most likely to provide assistance regarding the safety of livestock feed in a federally declared disaster?
Food and Drug Administration
4. The emergency operations plan functions as a local law.
5. A legal agreement among two or more local jurisdictions that plan to assist each other in cases of emergencies is which of the following?
Mutual aid agreement
6. Which of the following government agencies may send veterinary medical assistance teams (VMATs) in the event of an emergency?
Department of Health and Human Services
7. Adding a distinctive smell to odorless liquid propane gas is an example of what type of mitigation activity?
Modifying the basic qualities of a hazard
8. Animals that have been exposed to hazardous materials present no danger to people.
9. When confronted by a dog that seems as though it is going to attack you, which of the following actions will most likely reduce the risk of being bitten?
Putting something between yourself and the dog
10. Which method of carcass disposal involves mixing 1 part carcass to 2 parts litter and 1 part straw in alternate layers in a boxed, enclosed area?
11. Which of the following is NOT accounted for in community damage assessment?
Personal items such as photographs
12. Who is responsible for coordinating the Federal agencies and programs involved in assistance?
13. Which of the following is NOT a form of assistance that may be provided following a Presidential disaster declaration?
14. Holding training sessions for officials with roles in the emergency operations plan is an example of approaching which of the following groups?
15. Creating brochures is expensive, and NOT recommended as a way to inform the community aboutthe emergency operations plan.
16. Senior citizens are a valuable source of volunteers.
17. Public awareness campaigns accomplish which one of the following?
Address hazards that may potentially affect your community
18. Emergency operations plans should not be tested in advance, so that responders will react with additional energy and not be complacent.
19. Which is NOT a method of reducing the impact of floods on animals?
Identifying cost-effective methods of disposing of animal carcasses
20. During a disaster, information about a temporary animal shelter:
Should be conveyed to the public by the Public Information Officer to ensure a coordinated and consistent message.
You can find more Test Answers here: FEMA Test Answers