FEMA IS-1160: Damage Assessment Operations Training Course Overview
This course will equip participants to conduct damage assessment in accordance with the Damage Assessment Operations Manual: A Guide to Assessing Damage and Impact.
- Describe the relationship between damage assessment and Federal disaster assistance
- Describe roles, responsibilities, and activities during each phase of the damage assessment
- Prepare to conduct damage assessment
- Conduct damage assessment for Individual Assistance (IA) and Public Assistance (PA)
- Evaluate damage and impact to the community
This course is designed for anyone who may be involved in damage assessment as a team member, team lead, or coordinator. The target audience includes Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial representatives from a wide range of job positions and responsibilities.