This is a web-based training course on the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS). The course is designed to provide training through an independent study vehicle on the use of ICS forms.
- The participant will be able to describe the goals and objectives of the IS-201 course.
- The participant will be able to identify and describe how an IAP is developed and implemented following the primary phases of the planning process.
- The participant will be able to identify and describe the standard ICS forms that are used to support the development of an IAP and their importance for effective information management.
- The participant will be able to identify and describe sources of information that provide input for composing ICS tactical and safety worksheet forms, and how those forms are used to develop information needed for key elements of the IAP consistent with the Planning “P”.
- The participant will be able to identify and describe the various ICS forms used for the development of the IAP, and the ICS staff positions responsible for gathering the information needed.
- The participant will be able to identify and describe the purpose of supplemental ICS forms and documents needed to assist with information collection and dissemination needed during an incident.
- The participant will be able to summarize the IS-201 course, citing key components of the course.
The Target Audience for this course are the emergency management and response personnel who may be called upon to function in a Command, General Staff, or Unit Leader position during a significant incident or event, and who may be called upon to help prepare some portion of the Incident Action Plan.
ICS 100, 200, & 700