FEMA IS-235.C: Emergency Planning Course Overview
This course is designed for emergency management personnel who are involved in developing an effective emergency planning system. This course offers training in the fundamentals of the emergency planning process, including the rationale behind planning. It will develop your capability for effective participation in the all-hazard emergency operations planning process to save lives and protect property threatened by disaster.
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify doctrine and guidance for emergency planning.
- Indicate the relationship between preparedness and planning.
- Identify the purpose and components of an emergency operations plan.
- Identify the steps in the planning process.
- Determine the status of your jurisdiction’s emergency planning.
All individuals involved in crisis and emergency management decision making.