FEMA IS-241.B: Decision Making and Problem Solving Course Overview
Being able to make decisions and solve problems effectively is a necessary and vital part of the job for every emergency manager, planner, and responder. This course is designed to improve your decision-making skills. It addresses:
- How we make decisions.
- Group decision making.
- Crisis decision making.
- Ethical decision making.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of effective decision making in an emergency.
- Identify attributes associated with an effective decision maker.
- Describe the steps of the analytical problem-solving model.
- Identify when group decision making is a good approach and methods for making a group’s decision-making process more effective.
- Identify impediments to effective decision making in a crisis.
- Describe strategies for enhancing crisis decision making.
- Explain how ethical considerations impact decision making.
All individuals involved in crisis and emergency management decision making.