FEMA IS-242.B: Effective Communication Course Overview
Being able to communicate effectively is a necessary and vital part of the job for every emergency manager, planner, and responder. This course is designed to improve your communication skills. It addresses:
- Basic communication skills
- How to communicate in an emergency
- How to identify community-specific communication issues
- Using technology as a communication tool
- Effective oral communication
- How to prepare an oral presentation
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify factors that contribute to and detract from effective communication.
- Develop a strategy for ensuring that emergency communications meet the needs of the whole community, including those with access and functional needs.
- Identify strategies for communicating effectively in emergency situations.
- Identify strategies for improving your oral presentation skills.
All individuals involved in crisis and emergency management decision making.