This course will enable learners to successfully use the Substantial Damage Estimator 2.0 tool. Successful use is defined as accurately populating the electronic forms within the tool; saving individual-structure and community-wide data; running all reports available in the tool; and importing and exporting data to other formats, such as Excel. Learners must download, install and use the SDE 2.0 Software to complete the course.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic uses of the Substantial Damage Estimator (SDE) 2.0 tool.
- Navigate the SDE 2.0 tool layout, toolbars, help buttons, and navigation buttons.
- Populate a database for both residential and non-residential structures.
- Save individual and community data.
- Review, import and export data.
- Generate reports and geo-referenced files.
- Use database functions and assignment features.
- Troubleshoot SDE 2.0 tool issues.
This course is intended for federal, state, and local staff that will use the Substantial Damage Estimator 2.0 tool to comply with floodplain management regulations and/or to identify opportunities for flood hazard mitigation.