1. Which of the following services are not provided by the voluntary organizations?
A. Organizational Mentoring and Training
B. Law Enforcement
C. Financial Planning
D. Mitigation Planning
E. Funeral Services
2. Voluntary organizations only respond to federally declared disasters.
3. The best time to identify organizations that provide specific services and to build relationships with their key personnel is:
A. By accident
B. When a disaster is imminent
C. Immediately after a disaster
D. During disaster recovery
E. During peace time
4. Which factor does not impact financial contributions to voluntary organizations?
A. Personal desire to donate
B. Ability of the community to quickly organize
C. Perceived need of the affected populations
D. Amount of media coverage
E. Number of disaster events in a specific timeframe
5. Partners in collaboration include:
A. Private Sector
B. Faith-Based Organizations
C. Community-Based Organizations
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
6. The Mass Care Strategy was developed by:
A. American Red Cross
C. National VOAD
D. National Mass Care Council
E. All of the above
7. Services delivered by voluntary organizations have not changed over time.
8. Voluntary organizations end their disaster programs at the same time government disaster assistance concludes.
9. Funding for voluntary organizations continues to increase regardless of the economy.
10. Voluntary organizations do not provide disaster relief services to:
B. First Responders
D. Undocumented Workers
11. Emergency managers have authority to direct voluntary organizational assets
12. Social media plays an important role in the way the emergency management community communicates to the public.
13. During non-operational periods, VALS continue to build/maintain relationships and enhance collaboration.
A. Build relationships
B. Maintain relationships
C. Enhance collaboration
D. Foster a strong rapport between voluntary organizations, Federal agencies, and emergency managers
E. All of the above
14. The National VOAD Emotional and Spiritual Care Committee developed a resource titled:
A. The Sun Also Rises
B. Critical Incident Management for the Soul
C. Out of the Darkness
D. God in the Ruins
E. Light Our Way
15. The Private Sector convenes all collaboration between the voluntary organizations and emergency managers
16. Donations arrive before a Federal disaster declaration.
17. The Private Sector is a partner in collaboration.
18. Other Federal Agencies participate in collaboration.
19. What re the “4 Cs”?
A. Cooperation, Community, Coordination, Collaboration
B. Cooperation, Communication, Coordination, Congeniality
C. Cooperation, Communication, Coordination, Collaboration
D. Consideration, Communication, Coordination, Collaboration
E. Cooperation, Communication, Confusion, Collaboration
20. Name a strength of voluntary organizations in emergency management
A. Arrive First, Leave Last
B. Trusted by the Public
C. Capacity Building
D. Service Capabilities
E. All of the above
21. The Stafford Act specifically has several sections that reference the roles of voluntary organizations
22. Collaboration in action does not include:
23. Voluntary organizations traditionally provide:
A. Termite Treatment
B. Search and Rescue
C. Mass Care Services
D. Business Grants
E. Furniture Repair
24. Voluntary organizations operate under the same legal authorities as government agencies.
25. What are the benefits of collaboration?
A. Improved Service Delivery
B. Improved Relationships
C. Increased Fragmentation of Services
D. Service to Selected Populations
E. A and B
26. What does VOAD mean?
A. Volunteers Of American Disasters
B. Voluntary Associations in Disaster
C. Volunteer Organizations Assisting in Disaster
D. Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
E. Voluntary Organizations Active in Drama
27. Construction estimating is a program offered by certain voluntary organizations