FEMA IS-293: Mission Assignment Overview Course Overview
This course is intended to provide basic training on the concept of the Resource Request and Mission Assignment (MA) process beginning with the Request for Federal Assistance to MA issuance, execution, billing, and closeout.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Def ine the Request for Federal Assistance and authorities.
- Define the Resource Request process and Resource Request Form.
- Define Mission Assignments, types, and relationship to disaster operations.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the key staff involved in the Resource Request and MA process including FEMA, state, tribal, and other Federal agencies.
- Describe the various elements of the MA Phases for MA issuance, MA execution to MA billing, reimbursement, and closeout.
The course is open to all FEMA/DHS, state, local, tribal, and other Federal agency program and financial staff who have a role or interest in the MA process.