FEMA IS-31.a: Mitigation eGrants for the Grant Applicant Answers
1. True or False: When logging into the eGrants system, you will be asked for your User Name, Password, and Access Code.
2. From the Subgrant Application section in a grant application, what would you select to attach subgrants to the grant application?
A. Add Subgrant Applications(s) link
B. Add Subgrant Application(s) button
C. Attach Subgrant Applications(s) link
D. Attach Subgrant Applications(s) button
3. How do you add items to the cost estimate section?
A. Enter Cost- Effectiveness Information
B. Click on the Add Item Button
C. Enter the Activity Cost Estimate
D. Enter the Federal Share Amount
4. By selecting the duration of access for a user, this determines how long a user has access to an application. True or False.
5. Which two fields in the Review and Submit Application Section are required to submit an application?
A. Your contact phone number and Organization Name
B. Password and Checkbox for statement with name of signer and date
C. ISAACS User Name and Access ID
D. ISAACS User Name and Password
6. True or False: There are 2 methods of creating a new application—completing an entire blank application or copying an existing application.
7. If you are copying an existing application, you first select the Create New Application Link, and then enter the application title and type. What is the next step?
A. Complete the POC information, then select the Copy Existing Application button
B. Selecting the Copy Existing Application button, then select the application you want to copy
C. Selecting the Copy Un-submitted Applications button, then select the application you want to copy.
D. Select the application you want to copy, and then select the Copy Existing Application button
8. You had previously provided your co-worker Bill View/Print and Create/Edit access to several applications you have created so that he could review them. Bill is now moving on to another position and will no longer need access to your applications. What course of action should you take?
A. Change the duration of time of Bill’s access
B. Provide Bill with Sign/Submit access
C. Revoke Bill’s access
D. Change Bill’s access to View/Print only
9. From the Grant Applicant Home Page, what preferences can be set up for all your subgrant users by selecting the administration link?
A. Requirement for Assurances forms to be completed in subgrant applications
B. External Email
C. Requirements for submittal of project Pre-applications by subgrant applicants
D. All of the Above
10. What are the types of files you can attach to your application?
A. Electronic documents/Files and Paper documents/files
B. Audio Files
C. Video Files
11. You have completed entering the paper intake subgrant application. You need your supervisor Deborah to sign the application. What type of access do you grant Deborah?
B. View/Print and Create/Edit
C. View/Print, Create/Edit and Sign/Submit
D. View/Print and Sign/Submit
12. Which of the following are the two correct ways to log out of the eGrants System?
A. Logout Link and Logout Button
B. X Button in the browser to close the browser window
C. Save and Logout Button
D. Exit Application link
13. In order to work on an un-submitted application, you first select the Work on Un-submitted Application(s) link from the Grant Applicant Home Page. What is the next step?
A. Locate the application you want to work on and select the Update Application Link
B. Locate the application you want to work on and select the View Details Link
C. Locate the application you want to work on and select the Complete Sections Link
D. Locate the application you want to work on and select the Review Applications Link
14. You have received a paper subgrant application from the City of Prosperity and wish to enter the application into eGrants. What do you select from the Grant Applicant Home Page?
A. Work on Un-submitted Paper Subgrant Application(s) link
B. Enter Paper Subgrant Application (Application Intake) link
C. Create New Subgrant Application link
D. Create New Grant Application link
15. From the Grant Applicant Home Page, in order to review subgrant applications you must first select the Review Submitted Subgrant Applications link. What is the next step?
A. You have to check in subgrant applications
B. You have to check out subgrant applications
C. You have to stockpile subgrant applications
D. You have to release subgrant applications
16. How do you determine that each section of the application is complete?
A. Review each section and make sure all fields are completed
B. The system will display an error message if you log off before completing all sections
C. The Progress Column will show as “100%”
D. The Status Column will show as “Complete”
17. Which of the following methods can be used to navigate through the 11 parts of the Environment/Historic Preservation (EHP) Information Section? Select all that apply.
A. From the links in the Sidebar Menu
B. From the links in the Task Menu
C. Selecting each of the parts from a drop-down list
D. From a link in the Grant Applicant Home Page
18. Once the both the grant applicant and FEMA have signed the award packages, what is the status of that award package?
D. Not accepted
19. When completing the SubApplicant Information Section of the application, what is the best method for entering your organization?
A. Perform a search by selecting the Search button
B. Perform a search by selecting the Organization button
C. Enter in the full unabbreviated name of your organization
D. Enter in the abbreviation for your organization if available
20. True or False: In the Mitigation Activity section, you can change the title of the proposed activity.
21. If your email address or phone number changes, what should you do to reflect the change in eGrants?
A. Request a new access code
B. Revise all of your applications
C. Edit your Profile
D. Register as a New User
22. You are completing the Add Cost Share portion of the Cost Share section of the application. You are receiving funds from a City grant for your project. What option do you choose from the Funding Source drop-down menu?
A. Private Non-Profit Funding
B. State Agency Funding
C. Local Agency Funding
D. Other Agency Funding
23. When reviewing subgrant applications, what does “Release to Stockpile” mean?
A. Application has been approved for inclusion in grant application
B. Application has been released by FEMA
C. Application has been approved for inclusion in grant application and submitted to FEMA
D. The application has not yet been approved or disapproved
24. In order to add a comment in the Comments and Attachments Section, what do you need to do?
A. Select the Add Button and then select the Comments Radio Button
B. Select the Comments Radio Button
C. Select the Add Button and attach a word document containing your comments
D. Select the Add Button and then enter the desired comment
25. To accept an award package in eGrants, the user must have what type of access?
A. Create/Edit access for applications
B. Sign/Submit access for applications
C. Create/Edit access for award packages
D. Sign/Submit access for award packages
26. From the Grant Applicant Home Page, which link do you select to authorize access to an application you created?
A. Update/Complete Un-submitted Applications
B. User Access
C. Application Access
D. Edit Profile
27. What do you need to do in order to gain access to the Mitigation eGrants system?
A. Register as a new user in ISAACS and obtain an Access Code from FEMA
B. Request access to Mitigation eGrants from FEMA in writing
C. Wait for an email from FEMA
D. Create an account in ISAACS
28. True or False. You are only required to have one (1) cost line item for each mitigation activity.
29. Which section of an application must be completed before you can complete the Match Sources Section?
A. Hazard Information
B. Cost Effectiveness Information
C. Applicant Information
D. Cost Estimate
30. What should you do if you have forgotten your password?
A. Select the Forgot Pwd/PIN? Button on the login screen
B. Register for access to eGrants
C. Call FEMA to request your password
D. Call FEMA to Request your password be reset
Find answers to the next exam here: FEMA IS-32.A: Mitigation eGrants Internal System Answers