This course has been designed to provide FEMA personnel and partners with a basic knowledge of the Individual Assistance (IA) program and activities that help individuals and households recover following a disaster.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how the Stafford Act governs FEMA disaster operations
- Explain the Declaration Process
- Identify the different types of Individual Assistance (IA) programs
- Explain the Sequence of Delivery of the IA programs
- Define Individuals and Households Program (IHP) Housing Assistance
- Define IHP Other Needs Assistance
- Identify the various field offices and processing centers
Existing FEMA personnel being deployed to a field assignment for the first time. Secondary:
- New temporary FEMA personnel being hired to fill surge capacity force per the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act.
- State Individual Assistance Officers.