FEMA IS-405: Overview of Mass Care/Emergency Assistance Course Overview
This course provides an introduction to Mass Care and Emergency Assistance (MC/EA) support, with a focus on Whole Community, by outlining the importance of collaboration and coordination between government, non-profit, public, and private sectors.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the National Response Framework (NRF), and the Whole Community approach to emergency management.
- Identify MC/EA activities.
- Describe a suggested sequence of support for MC/EA.
- Explain the importance of thinking about MC/EA activities in an interoperable way.
- FEMA personnel
- State Emergency Management personnel
- County and Local Emergency Management personnel
- Voluntary Agencies Management personnel
- Tribal Governments
- Private sector management