IS-421: Overview of the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program
1. True or false: The Emergency Food and Shelter Program receives annual funding from Congress to help people undergoing economic crises. A. True
2. True or false: Awards given to Local Recipient Organizations (LROs) must be deposited in a checking account with Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation coverage, and the use of minority-owned banks is encouraged. A. True
3. Which of the following statements about the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) is NOT true? A. The EFSP receives annual funding from Congress to help people undergoing economic crises.
B. The EFSP is used as a disaster relief program.
C. The EFSP supports a range of services, including feeding operations, shelter programs, rental and mortgage, and utility assistance programs.
D. The EFSP supplements and expands existing community programs.
4. Which of the following groups is a required member of a Local Board? A. Homeless or formerly homeless person, or homeless advocate
B. Migrant workers
C. Immigrants who have obtained a green card
D. Someone who has been unemployed for over 18 months
5. The Local Board is responsible for _____________, administering the application process, awarding grants, providing monitoring and oversight of distributed funds, and reporting back to the National Board. A. Raising money to pay back the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program
B. Auditing the National Board's operating expenses
C. Starting brand-new Local Recipient Organizations with Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program funds
D. Advertising in the print media the availability of funding
6. The _____________ must request the ____________ to approve its decisions to reallocate funds among its LROs. A. Local Board; State Set-Aside Committee
B. National Board; State Set-Aside Committees
C. Local Board; National Board
D. National Board; State Government
7. True or false: High need areas are always urban. A. True
8. Which of the following costs is NOT eligible for an organization to pay for using Emergency Food and Shelter Program award money? A. Additional food to supplement a local food pantry
B. New blankets for a shelter
C. One month’s rent for a client
D. A returned check fee from the bank
9. Which group is responsible for considering jurisdictions that did not meet National Board selection formula criteria? A. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
B. State Set-Aside Committee
C. Local Boards
D. United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
10. As part of the legislation that created the Emergency Food and Shelter Program, which group or agency chairs the National Board? A. United Way Worldwide
B. The Salvation Army
C. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
D. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Find more answers here: FEMA Test Answers Previous Test: FEMA IS Next Test: FEMA IS