This course is designed to foster an overall culture of risk management throughout the DHS workforce. While providing awareness of the fundamental concepts of risk management, the course will prepare employees to manage risk at home, in the workplace, and the community and provide them with a foundation for further development in the area of risk management.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the value of risk management.
- Explain how the fundamental concepts and principles of risk management apply at home, in the workplace, and in the community.
- Explain how the DHS Risk Management Cycle utilizes logical reasoning and critical thinking to address risk management problems.
- Describe how risk management alternatives are developed and evaluated in order to support better decisions to effectively manage risk.
- Explain how and why the management of risk is one of the fundamental strategies adopted by DHS in meeting mission performance expectations.
- Describe the characteristics of effective risk communication.
All DHS Employees