1. Which of the following is a best practice when drafting mutual aid agreements?
Participating jurisdictions should have insurance or another form of protection in place.
2. A month after your mutual aid agreement is activated for an incident, a participating jurisdiction claims that their responders are suffering from health problems and that is your responsibility to pay for their care. Your first step in this situation should be to:
Check the Insurance and Liability section of your mutual aid agreement.
3. The primary purpose of a mutual aid operational plan is to:
Present an action plan in the case that a jurisdiction is unable to provide needed resources
4. Which of the following phrases best describes the purpose of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)? Enables responders from different jurisdictions to work together to respond to incidents.
5. Which of the following statements is FALSE?
Mutual aid and assistance agreements could be used to help with debris removal.
6. It is Essential for the Incident Commander to monitor the status of resources throughout their assignment. If resource needs change, the Incident Commander's best course of action is to:
Reassign the resources.
7. Which of the following is an example of intrastate mutual aid?
Cook County, Illinois, sends responders to Lake County, Illinois, to respond to a hazardous materials incident.
8. What type of assessment helps to determine if your jurisdiction can respond to or adequately deal with incidents identified in the hazard analysis?
9. The "Severability" section of a mutual aid agreement addresses:
The terms under which signatories can leave the agreement while leaving the rest of the document intact for the remaining participants.
10.Which of the following is a best practice for updating your mutual aid agreement?
Check with your State or local emergency management association to get current data from hazard identification and vulnerability assessments.
11. mutual aid working group is responsible for the following tasks EXCEPT for:
Reimbursing the participating jurisdictions for their time and resources.
12. Which of the following statements about the "Terms and Conditions" section of a mutual aid agreement is FALSE?
The purpose of this section is to specify the duration or the life expectancy of the agreement.
13. Mutual aid operational plans should include information about all of the following EXCEPT for: Mitigation.
14. The "References and Authorities" section of a mutual aid agreement includes details about:
The authority that the Incident Commander has over the incident.
15. In which section is information about who can activate the mutual aid agreement typically found?
Roles and Responsibilities
16. A participating jurisdiction has made a request for assistance that includes the following information:
Contact information for follow up questions
17. Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5) established the:
National Incident Management System.
18. Which of the following statements is FALSE?
Self-dispatch is encouraged in mutual aid systems.
19. County A received equipment that was of a lesser capacity than requested from County B (their mutual aid partner). What best practice is desired to prevent this from occurring?
20. A mutual aid working group typically includes the following individuals:
You can click here to find the answers to the FEMA Professional Development Series.