FEMA IS 801: Emergency Support Functions (ESF) #1 - Transportation Answers
1. The ESF #1 Evacuation Liaison Team (ELT) serves as an information clearinghouse and communication link between Federal and State emergency management, highway patrol, and transportation officials.
2. Which agency supports ESF #1 by providing weather, storm surge, and dispersion forecasts?
A. U.S. Department of Commerce
B. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
C. Environmental Protection Agency
D. Department of Energy
3. The ESF #1 Emergency Response Team (ERT):
A. Determines an incident's impact on the transportation infrastructure and the resulting impact to the Nation.
B. Provides resources and helps coordinate between State jurisdictions during multistate hurricane evacuations.
C. Develops a regional network to collect and report information on an actual or potential crisis situation that adversely affects transportation
D. Provides transportation equipment to augment State, local, and tribal resources.
4. The mission of ESF #1 - Transportation is limited to monitoring and reporting on the status of and damage to the transportation infrastructure as a result of an incident.
5. Which of the following activities is included under the ESF #1 scope?
A. Coordinating temporary alternative transportation solutions, as needed.
B. Making repairs to private-sector transportation infrastructure.
C. Enforcing mitigation activities among transportation stakeholders.
D. Providing alternative transportation sources after an incident.
6. The Regional Emergency Transportation Coordinator (RETCO) and Regional Emergency Transportation Representative (RETREP) provide regional DOT transportation support during non-emergency periods in contingency planning efforts.
7. Which agency serves as the ESF #1 coordinator?
A. Federal Emergency Management Agency
B. Department of Homeland Security
C. General Services Administration
D. Department of Transportation
8. Which ESF #1 support agency helps prioritize, evaluate, and support restoration of domestic ports, shipping, waterways, and related systems and infrastructure?
A. Transportation Security Administration
B. Department of Transportation
C. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
D. U.S. Coast Guard
9. The Department of Homeland Security provides assets to complement temporarily degraded or disrupted air
navigation services capabilities, as requested by the Department of Transportation/Federal Aviation
10. The ESF #1 Crisis Management Center (CMC):
A. Directs specific response activities, such as managing and coordinating air navigation services or the Ready Reserve Fleet
B. Conducts incident management response training for Regional Emergency Transportation Representatives.
C. Works with ESF #1 supporting agencies to manage information and recommend response actions.
D. Directs air traffic control throughout the country in case of a national emergency.
Find more answers here: Emergency Support Function Answers