FEMA IS 802: Emergency Support Functions (ESF) #2 - Communications Answers
1. The Federal Communications Commission provides spectrum management support and coordination in
conjunction with other support agencies.
2. Within the Department of Homeland Security, which organization provides situational awareness, cross-sector coordination, and prioritized recommendations regarding critical infrastructures and key resources.
A. Federal Emergency Management Agency
B. DHS Wireless Services
C. National Cyber Security Division
D. Office of Infrastructure Protection
3. The National Communications System (NCS) and the National Cyber Security Division (NCSD) work closely to coordinate the ESF #2 response to cyber incidents.
4. Emergency Support Function (ESF) #2 - Communications supports the restoration of the communications infrastructure, facilitates the recovery of systems and applications from cyber attacks, and coordinates Federal communications support to response efforts during incidents requiring a coordinated Federal response.
5. Which agency provides policy and procedural guidance concerning the control and allocation of radio frequency assignments?
A. Department of Commerce
B. Federal Communications Commission
C. Department of the Interior
D. General Services Administration
6. Which agency provides regionally based personnel, who often deliver the initial ESF #2 field response
A. Department of Commerce
B. Department of Agriculture
C. General Services Administration
D. Department of Defense
7. In the event of a terrorist attack against the communications infrastructure, ESF #2 would take the lead in criminal investigations.
8. One of the roles of the Joint Telecommunications Resources Board is to resolve certain conflicts regarding national security and emergency preparedness communications priorities and resources.
9. Which ESF #2 support agency might provide radio communications systems to support firefighters, law enforcement officers, and incident response operations?
A. Department of the Interior
B. Department of Defense
C. Department of Commerce
D. Federal Communications Commission
10. All of the following statements describe ESF #2 activities EXCEPT FOR:
A. Assessing anticipated and actual damage in the incident area in conjunction with industry partners.
B. Assigning representatives to the National Response Coordination Center (NRCC), providing for 24-hour coverage if required.
C. Identifying communications assets that may be employed to support the incident area.
D. Directing local and private-sector crews to expedite repair downed communications lines in the incident area.
Find more answers here: Emergency Support Functions