1. The National Oil and Hazardous Substances Contingency Plan (NCP) has been superseded by the revised ESF #10 annex.
2. Which agency serves as the ESF #10 coordinator?
A. Environmental Protection Agency
B. Department of Energy
C. Department of Health and Human Services
D. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
3. For incidents affecting coastal zone areas, who serves as the primary agency?
A. U.S. Navy
B. U.S Coast Guard
C. Maritime Administration (U.S. DOT)
D. Federal Emergency Management Agency
4. As an ESF #10 support agency, the Department of Health and Human Services provides assistance on matters related to the assessment of health hazards at a response and protection of response workers and the public health.
5. Emergency Support Function (ESF) #10 – Oil and Hazardous Materials Response provides the mechanism for a coordinated Federal response to an oil discharge or uncontrolled hazardous materials release.
6. All of the following activities are included under the ESF #10 scope EXCEPT FOR:
A. Mitigating damage to natural resources due to oil and hazardous materials accidents.
B. . Disposing of oil or hazardous material following an incident.
C. Removing downed trees and other debris creating hazards in roadways and on power lines.
D. Collecting household hazardous waste from disaster victims.
7. Which ESF #10 support agency provides advice on protection of natural and cultural resources and historic properties?
A. Small Business Administration
B. Environmental Protection Agency
C. Department of Housing and Urban Development
D. Department of the Interior
8. What is the correct title of the highly skilled, on-call Federal responders who conduct, direct, and coordinate emergency response oil and hazmat actions by interfacing with local, tribal, and State officials?
A. On-Scene Coordinator
B. ESF #10 Liaison Officers
C. National Response Team
D. Disaster Readiness Group
9. The National Response System is:
A. An automated tool that tracks oil and hazardous materials incidents throughout the nation and critical resource assignments.
B. A network of agencies, programs, and resources used to respond to smaller incidents that can be plugged into ESF #10 framework for larger-scale incidents.
C. An association of private-sector owners and operators who donated their time and resources in response to complex oil and hazardous incidents.
D. A governing body that oversees the training and credentialing of first responders who handle hazardous materials.
10. Which ESF #10 support agency predicts pollutant movement, dispersion, and characteristics over time?
A. Department of the Defense
B. Department of Agriculture
C. Department of Commerce
D. Department of Energy